Barcelona star puts transfer decision on hold to wait for Chelsea offer

0

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MAY 25: Ousmane Dembele of FC Barcelona looks on during the match between FC Barcelona and the A-League All Stars at Accor Stadium on May 25, 2022 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)

Ousmane Dembele could leave Barcelona on a free transfer (Getty)

Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele has been holding out to receive an offer from Chelsea, according to reports.

The 25-year-old is out of contract with Barca this summer, allowing him to leave Camp Nou as a free agent.

Chelsea, meanwhile, have been unable to offer any new contracts to players due to the restrictions on the club following Roman Abramovich’s sanction in March.

But now that the Todd Boehly/Clearlake consortium officially completed its takeover this week, Chelsea are now free to sign players.

Dembele has held talks with Barcelona over a new contract, but according to PA news agency, the French winger has been waiting on Chelsea’s ownership situation to be resolved before making a decision over his future.

And Chelsea could also have an advantage during negotiations as Thomas Tuchel already has a positive relationship with Dembele from their time together at Borussia Dortmund.

‘He’s a very good player, and I am very fortunate to have trained him in my time at Dortmund,’ Tuchel said of Dembele earlier this year.

Ousmane Dembele thrived under Thomas Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund

Ousmane Dembele thrived under Thomas Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund (TF-Images/Getty)

Meanwhile, Barcelona president Joan Laporta revealed last week that Dembele has been set a deadline to decide whether he will sign a new contract with the club.

‘He has our proposal and a date to decide, because there is no more room [to improve the offer],’ Laporta said.

‘We have been preparing for next season for some time and it is an issue that we are stuck, because the agent does not respond to our offer. It looks like they are making a counter-proposal.

‘There is a priority right now, which is to get our finances back on track. There are a lot of players that we are speaking with and operations that are pending, but La Liga is not helping us. The criteria is very restrictive.’

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on
FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

Stay connected with us on social media platform for instant update click here to join our  Twitter, & Facebook

We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.

For all the latest Football News Click Here 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Rapidtelecast.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.
Leave a comment