Deontay Wilder’s manager reveals plan to fight winner of Joshua vs Usyk next

0

Deontay Wilder could fight Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Wilder has not fought since his October defeat to Tyson Fury (Picture: Getty)

Deontay Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel has suggested ‘The Bronze Bomber’ could fight the winner of Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua next – and shut down talk of a meeting with Dereck Chisora.

The former WBC heavyweight champion has not fought since his knockout defeat to Tyson Fury last October but recently insisted he intends to fight again after considering retirement.

The American has been linked with a showdown with Andy Ruiz Jr while Frank Warren, who worked closely with Wilder and his team throughout the Fury trilogy, has suggested he will fight Robert Helenius in October.

Usyk and Joshua meanwhile will meet for a second time on 20 August with whoever emerges victorious likely to be in the hunt for a unification showdown with the WBC champion – a belt still in the possession of Fury despite his retirement vow.

But should ‘The Gypsy King’ stick to his word and remain on the sidelines, Wilder’s manager Finkel believes his fighter can jump straight in and fight for all the marbles.

“Maybe the winner of Usyk and Joshua. I don’t know what Fury is doing? Maybe if Joshua wins it’s a huge fight in the UK (between those two) – there’s so many intangibles so we’re looking to see what happens in that fight,’ Finkel told Planet Sport.

Former heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder

Wilder says he will fight again (Picture: Getty)

‘I don’t care what Fury says, we’re waiting to see what he really wants to do because if he wants to fight the winner then he’s going to get it. But after that, where are the top guys?

‘There’s only four real top guys in the heavyweights right now – Usyk, Joshua, Fury and Deontay [Wilder].’

Chisora meanwhile ended a three-fight losing streak with a thrilling win over Kubrat Pulev in London last Saturday.

‘Del Boy’ has vowed to continue fighting, insisting he only wants ‘hard fights’ before calling out Wilder.

Finkel however suggests there is little interest from their side in a fight with the 37-year-old Briton. ‘Derek Chisora? He just edged a split-decision over Kubrat Pulev, no way,’ Finkel said.

Wilder spent months out of the public eye following his defeat to Fury last year but revealed in May he would ‘continue his journey’ in boxing.

‘I can’t stop right now. I must continue with my journey,” Wilder said. ‘I love you guys so much. I can’t end it like this. This journey’s not over with. I must continue my journey.’


MORE : Tyson Fury says he will only fight Anthony Joshua if fight fans can watch it for free at Wembley Stadium


MORE : David Haye predicts Anthony Joshua could retire from boxing if he loses his rematch against Oleksandr Uyk

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on
FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

Stay connected with us on social media platform for instant update click here to join our  Twitter, & Facebook

We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.

For all the latest Boxing News Click Here 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Rapidtelecast.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.
Leave a comment